Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, Newport...

I woke up this morning after a mere three point five hours of sleep to catch the train to Rhode Island, and now here I am sitting in the lovely little home of my lovely aunt and uncle :) Twenty minutes ago, outside was normal, dry, and freezing; yet, now, as I type this, I am looking outside and seeing nothing but white! Around eight to ten inches of snow is expected today, and it couldn't be more incredible! New England architecture is a perfect haven for winter-related scenery too, so everything looks so quaint and adorable.. so cozy! These are just little flakes, but the trees, the houses, everything is completely coated.

Tomorrow night, the whole family is coming over for a big ol' pre-christmas feast! Josh just got home from Idaho last night, and now I'm here, so they all see it as a time for some family gathering and celebration, which makes me feel really great. It's so fun having a big family out here, and having them want to celebrate the fact that I'm visiting. Deborah just got engaged too, so I guess it's an Ashley's here / Josh's here / Deborah's engaged / Christmas bash. Oh well, either way, it makes me all warm and fuzzy witnessing the immense amounts of love that are in this side of my family.

It only makes me that much more excited for California!

My flight is on Monday, and I am praying to the almighty king of kings, lord of lords, thou who shall reign forever and ever, Jesus Christ, that my flight won't be delayed and/or canceled. I would be so upset! Hopefully this gorgeous snow storm will be nice to me. In the meantime, this three point five hours of sleep is catching up with me, and this is the perfect weather for a nice little nap.

xoxox, ash

1 comment:

Sierra! said...

Ashley Mae,
You are so adorable! I love you blogs! They are so encapsulating! I want to be in a new england home watching the snow fall!