Monday, September 14, 2009

i wish you were closer

would you laugh if i told you i missed you? that lying in your arms is where i long to be and where i'd like to stay? when we kiss, electricity radiates from your lips to mine, down every finger tip, every toe, every strand of hair. even my eyelashes stand on end. envisioning your smile sends my stomach into a prolonged game of hopscotch, endlessly skipping and somersaulting, and i love every second of it. i want to be the one you think of when you fall asleep, who you dream about, and who you can't wait to wake up and see. i want to be here for you, for you to know that i'm here for you, despite our distance. you epitomize comfort, passion, intelligence, love, humor, friendship. i want to stand by you, proud of your success and accomplishments, ecstatic over the possibilities that the future holds, and honored that you chose me as your companion.

2 comments:

Sierra! said...

I love this! Did you write it?! FYI- I love your new set-up!

ashley said...

Thanks! I'm just fiddling around with new looks.. I can't figure out how to completely personalize it though, with a picture background or something..