Sunday, February 15, 2009

[untitled]

my dad posted this poem on erika's facebook wall (yep, dad AND mom have facebooks. love 'em) on valentine's day. pretty much, i love my sissy.


Sand by Erika 7/7/97


I like the sand,


it never goes.
I like the way


it feels on my toes.
But you and me


have fun together,
And we will be friends


for ever and ever.




how precious is this? how she used the eternity and comfort of sand as a metaphor for the innocence of a childhood friendship makes my heart flutter. see, even as a child, my sister was brilliant. i talked to my dad today, and he told me that she didn't think much of this little bit of poetry, but erika, you're wrong! this has to be one of the sweetest things i've ever read. please, just read it with a twinkle in your voice and accept the compliment. it's adorable.

No comments: