Wednesday, March 18, 2009

flights, drives, family, and friends.

i love home. i love my sisters. i love my parents. i love benny. i love my friends. i love sonoma. i love SLO. I LOVE THE SUNSHINE! jesus, i missed the sunshine. it's been absolutely beautiful this entire trip! 85 degrees in SLO, 75 in sonoma, so sunny, so colorful, so pleasantly warm... it's heaven.

on sunday, i got off of work around 2 o'clock, so i got the the airport a whopping 5 hours early. i finished some homework, did some reading, and before i knew it, i was on my way home! i sat next to this couple, both of whom looked like the famed ken brown, and they had a little baby with them. this little girl was laughing half the flight and sleeping the other half.. so cute! anyway, when i got to oakland, i actually did have a big arrival party! erika, claire, my mom, and phyllis all came down :)

on monday, i drove down to san luis obispo with erika. we got to her house around 7ish and then went over to the cal poly lacrosse game. so fun! i had no idea lacrosse was such a big deal out here. the next day, she had class at 10, and then we got sandwiches at the giant grinder and went to the beach :) her cute boy came in while we were there, completely coincidental, so it was awesome see him in person! (if you'd like, you can read about him on her blog: http://impeccablypiquant.wordpress.com ... erika's a phenomenal writer!)

i got pretty upset when i had to leave though.. i feel like i'm at the point where i should be allowed and able to move back here. i had my hiatus from california, i did my thing somewhere else, and now i feel ready to come back! but alas, i cannot. i'm sick and tired of saying my good-byes, and the fact that i have to say goodbye, board the plane, and leave again just kills me. but that's life i suppose.. i need to finish what i've started.

yesterday was a day of lounging, reading, painted nails, and lunch by myself. bethany called me around 3 so i went and visited her at work for the rest of the day! it was so nice seeing her again! i unsurprisingly ran into a couple of people from way back when, but it was nice to see them. today, i'm going to san francisco with sierra to do some shopping and hanging out.. so pumped! i'm getting my hair cut again tomorrow morning, breakfast with bethany, hopefully lunch with anita!, dinner with my faja, and then it's off to the airport!

why does a week crawl by when you want it to fly, and it flies when you want it to crawl?

No comments: